Adult Protective Services (APS) is specialized in serving susceptible adults. We investigate reports about abuse, abandonment, neglect, self-neglect and exploitation of susceptible grownups in Washington State. We collaborate along with other agencies to provide protective services as required.
Make an APS Report
With This Web Web Page
- Recognize signs and symptoms of Adult Abuse
- Who’s considered an adult that is vulnerable?
- What’s the procedure for APS investigations?
- Will there be any such thing APS won’t have the authority to accomplish?
- Where could I find out more?
Recognize signs and symptoms of Adult Abuse
- Neglect and Self-Neglect:
- Not enough food and water
- Dirty clothing and alterations in individual hygiene
- Unusually home that is messy
- Insufficient medicine
- Financial Exploitation:
- Fundamental requires maybe maybe not met
- Bills perhaps not compensated
- Unexplained economic modifications
- Uncommon acquisitions
- Physical Abuse:
- Bruises, black colored eyes, and welts
- Broken bones, cuts, and sprains
- Unexpected changes in behavior
- Caregiver refusal to leave adult alone
- Mental Abuse:
- Threatening significant damage
- Derogatory names, insults, profanity, and ridicule
- Harassment and humiliation
- Intimate Abuse:
- Uncommon bruising on legs and chest
- Unexplained STDs
- Withdrawn from social interactions and panic disorder
- Unexplained behavior modifications
That is considered a susceptible adult?
Hawaii of Washington describes an adult that is vulnerable legislation as an individual who is:
- 60 years or older who may have the practical, psychological, or real inability to care for himself or by herself; or
- Found incapacitated under chapter 11.88 RCW; or
- Who may have a developmental disability as defined under RCW https://hookupdates.net/Outpersonals-review/ 71A.10.020; or
- Admitted to virtually any center; or
- Getting solutions at home wellness, hospice, or house care agencies required or licensed become certified under chapter 70.127 RCW; or
- Getting solutions from a provider that is individual or
- Whom self-directs his / her very very own care and gets solutions from the aide that is personal chapter 74.39 RCW.